“Why do we live here!?” may cross many a Wacoan mind during the summer months of heat, heat, and more heat. (The answer for some? The mild winters!)
Whether you’re into sweatin’ to the oldies (voluntarily or not), here are a handful of stops you can make to enjoy a sweet, COOOOOOL treat:
1. Tesla’s Café has the summer scoop on homemade ice cream made with local ingredients. Their treats are made with a fresh-roasted, vanilla bean syrup from Chaney Brothers Coffee Co. Looking for a lighter option? They’ll pour you a fresh-squeezed Lemonade, as well as orange, tomato, cranberry or apple juices.
2. Heritage Creamery wants you to feel good about what you’re taking in so whether it’s a scratch-made cone, fresh-baked cookie, or home-made ice cream: everything is 100% all-natural and made right here in our 8th Street shop. They always use fresh, top-of-the-line ingredients with no additives or preservatives – EVER! So you can order that second scoop, that second cookie, and feel good doing it. Ice cream comes in the following forms: scoop, sandwich, cone, shake, pint, or float.
3. Drive through or stop by Common Grounds Waco or Common Grounds Woodway for an iced…anything! Grab your favorite coffee bev over ice to take care of any dog days draaagging on.
3. Oh My Juice! has a variety of chilly-in-a-good-way (and natural) selections for the purist in you. They offer cold-pressed juices, fresh smoothies, salads, Energy Bites, and acai bowls. The juices they’re known for = premium quality juice with maximum vitamin and antioxidant content to nourish and energize the body. Do yo-self some good!
4. Katie’s Custard is a hub for cold desserts + drinks. Banana splits, cups + cones, kiddie sizes, shakes, floats, malts, sodas, lemonade, Katie’s Sweet Tea, sundaes, and a host of Katie’s Favorites like the Texas Turtle, Brownie Hot Fudge Sundae, Strawbana, and Specialty Cyclones await you at the order window or drive-thru. Looking for a no-sugar option? Katie’s offers a LoCarb Splenda Vanilla that’ll meet you where you’re at, just ask for it.
If the Waco sun provides opportunities for us to chillax with these delectables, then we say keep it coming. Download Towny to stay cool. And by cool we mean, knowledgeable about where to shop local and changing your community one purchase at a time. You gotta shop somewhere – might as well improve your place while you’re at it. Don’t miss the download here (for FREE!).