A lot of good things start with the letter s: Saturdays, shopping sprees, smoothies + shakes, summertime + sunshine. And in Acadiana, that’s no exception. It’s time to meet our five favorite s‘s of Acadiana: shops, salons, services, sports, and savory spots (does that make it six?).
(Bonus: we know another s you’ll love, and it’s the surprise waiting for you at the end of this list! Read on to learn how you can easily enter our mega-giveaway!)
- Bath bombs and oils and sugar scrubs, oh my! Find them all, and then some at Cajun Creations Gifts & More.
- Comment ça va? You’ll be doing fine after a visit to Bonjour Gifts & Decor, a sister-owned boutique that specializes in fine French antiques + home decor.
- Though Vivian’s Gifts offers a little bit of everything, Louisiana-lovers will be especially fond of the state-themed collection found here.
- From tailored and sophisticated to glitzy and whimsical, Little Town has a fine collection of contemporary ladies apparel for the modern fashionista.
- You’ll be looking sweeter than fresh summer peaches with a new dress and boots from Southern Style Outfitters at Ranch Outlet!
- Melange Salon – where you’re welcomed as a friend and treated like royalty. You’ll leave here feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Heal, regenerate, and thrive at Camelia House, a community of health + wellness professionals with services including yoga, massages, acupuncture, and counseling.
- Nouveau Photeau will have you feeling runway-ready in their glamorous photo studio or at your own favorite spot in town.
- For a unique style of shoot, Robby Bishop Photography creates portraits that really tell a story by combining traditional portraiture with photojournalism.
- It’s always a beautiful day in the neighborhood – that is, in Neighbors Pharmacy. Your local pharmacists are all about helping their neighbors (that’s you!) make informed + educated choices about their health.
- Family-owned since 1974, Leona Sue’s Florist will put a colorful smile on anyone’s face with their fresh and fragrant flower arrangements.
- Show your true colors when you shop Hub City Sports’ wide selection of sporting goods + apparel.
- Planet Ice Rink is an indoor ice rink just the right temperature for leisure + learners or competitors ready to cut the ice figure skating or hockey-playing.
- If wearing gloves inside ain’t your thang, why not instead go for a spin at Fun Nation’s indoor roller skate rink?
- Scott’s Drum Center may have opened on April Fools Day, but this place is no joke. By drummers, for drummers, Scott’s has all your percussion needs beat.
- When price, pizza, and perfection align, you get BJ’s Pizza & Deli, a local favorite and an Acadiana classic!
- Tribe Collective is a masterpiece of a cafe, with offerings including a smoothie & juice bar, coffee, tea, and a whole selection of gluten-free baked treats–all usually accompanied by some fine local tunes.
- We Townies try to stick to the four main food groups: cookies, cookie cakes, cookie bouquets and brownies. If you feel the same, then Cookies in Bloom is the place for you.
- If you’ve got your own savory spot, you’ll want to make friends with the folks over at Hilton’s Restaurant Supply. When it comes to commercial kitchenware, they’ve got you covered from fridge to fryer.
But S isn’t the only letter we like: lately, we’ve also been digging G-I-V-E-A-W-A-and-Y (and we think you’ll agree!). Find out how you can enter to win over $1500 worth of prizes from these local shops. Now that’ll but a big S(mile) on your face!