I scream, you scream, we all scream for…food! At least when we’re really hungry (and it’s never a pretty sight). So before reaching that level, check out these local joints to work on your hanger management.
1. Dessert first, because life’s too short. Ice cream and cookies and cookie cakes and ice cream cakes. Need I say more? Make it your first stop, make it your last, just make sure you make it to Maggie Moo’s/Great American Cookie.
2. Deep dive into Marley’s Pizzeria and get lost in their Chicago-style dishes. Even Chitown natives have nothing but compliments for this local haunt. Deep-dish and pizza: name a more iconic duo. I’ll wait.
3. Do you know what auténtica comida mexicana means? It means, “get in your car right now and drive yourself over to El Charro Mexican Restaurant.” Rapido. But seriously, just scroll through El Charro’s Facebook photos and tell me you aren’t already drooling.
4. Mama’s homecooking meets the Mediterranean. The aroma of fresh baklava tickles your nose, Sinatra’s songs waltz through the air, strands of light twinkle romantically above. Just as you take your first dip of homemade hummus, you open your eyes and realize…it’s not a dream? Nope, Emelia’s Mediterranean is the real deal, brunch, lunch and dinner.
5. From sea to shining plate. Eclectic Kitchen certainly offers an eclectic menu (shocker, I know), but Chef Bryan has a special passion for seafood. Yes, the Philly cheesesteak is 5-star, but the shrimp and grits is also 5-star. Really, you can’t go wrong.
6. Let me tell you ‘bout my best pal-eo. Okay, so Evolve Paleo is not exactly a restaurant, but it may be even better: restaurant-quality in the comfort of your own kitchen. Each meal is hand-picked and chef-prepared weekly.
7. Fast food doesn’t have to be unhealthy, and healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Don’t believe me? Then check out Meez & Kini, where you can stroll the streets of Armenia, street kabob in hand. By the way – if you didn’t know Mediterranean pizza was a thing, it is. A very good thing.
Like this guide + want more? Try Towny. See what’s up.