Who knows, maybe you have lived here forever. Perhaps you're a dyed in the wool, tried and true Ragin Cajun. Maybe you just adore pacesetting restaurants, charming boutiques, and the kind of local experiences crafted by people who have called greater Lafayette home for generations. But, no sweat if that's not you...yet. We got you.
- If you answer the "Cajun, Creole, or Seafood?' question with an enthusiastic "Yes!"...you're in luck. Blue Dog Cafe has been stuffing the masses full of Louisiana delight for eons. Pop by for Sunday Live Brunch if you like your meals with a side of live music. And don't sleep on the bread pudding.
- Ladies, when you're angling to crank your outfit/accessories game up to eleven out of ten, we're repping a stop in Monroe's Boutique, where they'll make it easy for you to own your entrance into any room. From international gowns to local accoutrements, you'll hit the town with confidence.
- Some nights you just need to lean into a laugh with friends, and The Greenroom has been a go-to spot for good times since going out became a thing, almost. Drop in for a fun night of karaoke or trivia. They're one of the only places in town to play Buzztime trivia games! Your pals are probably already here.
- Get casual: flash your style with some personality forward t-shirt threads from Parish Ink. They screenprint like crazy around here, and even embroider + make signs. Possibilities abound. What's your idea?
- Hey Carnivore, get yourself some of the good stuff. Don's Specialty Meats has the inside track on the best boudin and cracklins we've about ever tasted. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this is comfort food the Cajun way, from pros who live and breathe flavor.
- You've got to move it, move it. You've gotta work off those hearty meals sooner or later, right? Hit Segovia Dance Company for a dance class that will tone your tone-tables and straight up make you more fun at parties. Zumba? Salsa? Bachata? They've got 'em.